Friday, March 31, 2017

Technology and Coloring

So I admit technology is a hard thing to navigate.  We are all learning how destructive it can be at times but today I want to actually celebrate that sometimes it's a great connecting tool!  Gunnar works a lot.  Sometimes he only gets to see the boys for an hour a day before they have to go to bed.  So lately we have been taking advantage of FaceTime as a way for him and Monte to spend more time together.  Gunnar is in his truck a lot working on his laptop so he can just have his phone propped up with Monte on it while he works. 

While it obviously isn't as good as actually being together for now it is better than not getting to see each other at all!  Today I propped my phone up while Monte colored.  I bought this awesome kid's table at the JBF sale Wednesday so we've been enjoying it!

So much for keeping all the markers together ;)

Monte enjoyed getting to "show" Daddy what he was coloring and getting to have Gunnar ask him questions.

So while I know technology has dangerous implications sometimes, today I am grateful for it.  It allows my son time with his father that he wouldn't have otherwise!   Plus I got some work done too while Daddy and Monte colored!

Also, as a side note, all the work piled on the desk behind Monte makes me tired.....  Someday I'll get caught up right?!

No comments: