Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ski Trip Part 3 - The Slopes

Finally posting more ski trip pictures.  The slopes are always more videos than pictures but here are some that we took.  Apparently it was not a great snow year for Angel Fire but as it was our first year there it seemed great to us!  It was kinda strange not knowing the mountain.  I think we figured out that not one of us ever looked at a map.  We just figured it out as we went!  It was fun to explore!  I'm not sure I would know it very well though if I went alone because I just mostly followed people! HA!

Penny, Jonathan, and Sara

This is me videoing through one of my favorite tree runs.  Watch it all the way through because the end is the best part!



Pictures are so deceiving but this was actually one of the steepest runs there! That's me.... I might have fallen once...


Night skiing was also a new thing for us!  It was fun.  Relaxing, almost therapeutic somehow...

A storm blew in the last afternoon we were there and it snowed pretty hard for a while. This is Sara and Wyatt.

Night skiing!

Again, pictures and videos never do the steepness justice.  This was actually a pretty difficult little stretch with moguls. 


Jonathan, Penny, and Gunnar


Jonathan

Sara

You can't read it but this was a plaque commemorating a man they named the trail after.  Sara and I were just hoping that he hadn't died on it!

Not sure what happened here.  I think it had something to do with a snowboarder who got in his way ;)

Gunnar



Penny, Dad, and Mom



The Originals!


Sara crashed on the same steep run that I did only I wasn't there to see it!  Penny sure made it funny describing it though!


Jonathan

Penny






That last afternoon during the snow it got COLD!!

Wyatt said I looked like an old like European woman! haha

Jonathan





Sara.... I think

The Silly Originals!  It felt so weird and small.  Like how did we think we were a big family?!



The original four when it got cold!!

So glad we went even though it was a little challenging with all the babies! 

No comments: