Kit Lawson is 5 months old today! How is that already possible?
- Weight -16.5 lbs.
- Clothes - Wearing 3-6 month clothes. Just a month ago 6 month clothes were way too big and then seriously it seemed like in just 2 or 3 days it all fit suddenly!!
- Enjoys the frog pretty often now. He doesn't love it as much as Monte did but he does seem to like being upright instead of laying on the floor.
- Is sleep training. It's going ok, not as quickly as I would have liked but he's getting better. The thing is that he would still like to be swaddled but that just isn't safe or practical anymore so it took a little while to figure out a new method for keeping him feeling secure and comforted, or whatever swaddling made him feel, but also is safe and practical. These sleep sacks are working pretty great!
I laid him down in Monte's bed today to play while I was reading to Monte and he just fell asleep on his own. So sweet!
-Is ticklish
- LOVES chewing on your and his fingers!

- Has a real laugh now! So cute!
- Has discovered Sister and is fascinated by her. She makes him giggle a lot!
- Still loves baths!
- FINALLY likes being on his tummy! He went through a developmental leap it seems and "gets" how to play with toys now.
- Still barely tolerates the carrier. It's really cramping my style! I need to be able to wear him sometimes and he just is not a fan! I am not giving up though. I think maybe an insert in the carrier to help him sit higher might help.
- Facing out helped a little but as you can see, he still wasn't happy!
- Is one tough cookie!! Has had his share of bumps and bruises. Poor guy!
- Wallows everywhere now
- Loves being outside. Typically if he is fussy and nothing is wrong that I can figure out, being outside will make him happy!
- Has the best infectious grin!
- Spends a lot of time in the bumbo. He seems to really like being up and "involved" with what's going on!
- Is starting to kinda be able to sit up.
- Naps with Daddy are the best!
- Grabs your hair soo much! Especially those little baby hairs on the back of your neck! Seriously, how does he always seem to find them?!
- Sleeps on him tummy most of the time but sleeps really well on his back too!
- This month he has changed more than he has in between any other months. He really seems to be turning into a little person! His motor skills, mental development, and understanding seemed to take a huge leap this month! So fun to watch him learn and grow!
- Chews on his fingers ALL THE TIME!!
- Tried the walker at Annie and Grandad's!
We love him so much! He's so much smaller than Monte was that it always take me by surprise slightly when people say things like "Oh he just getting so big!" I kinda love that he's staying littler longer because it feels like I get to enjoy him as a baby more. I love when he gets so excited to talk to you when you stand him up facing you. I love that he loves Monte and that Monte loves him! I love that he screams so loudly when he's really happy! I love his little cackle laugh! I love that he loves his hands so much! We love this boy so much! Kit Lawson, you're such a joy in our family!






















No comments:
Post a Comment