The ceremony was over, the pictures taken, now it was time to party!! Kit was much relieved to have his Mama as much as he wanted during the reception and became much happier! We no longer cared about how clean or dressed the boys were so it was time to let them loose! And to eat! Eating is always good! We tried to snag some family pictures since we had the mountains as a backdrop.
I love my boys!!
Monte was a happy guy and thoroughly enjoyed himself the whole weekend! He is such a joy to us and I love getting to be his Mama! And what a great to way to celebrate your last day as a two year old!
Pickup has fun tricks!
We clean up ok I guess...;)
During the reception, I pulled out my real camera. Honestly I rarely knew where my phone was the whole weekend. It was actually a nice change of pace. We ended up sitting next to the Bride and Groom's table and Monte wanted to take pictures of them. He needs a little practice! ;) But I included this first one because that cactus ended up being one of their favorites, which is why we put it on their table, and Gunnar was the one who picked it out when I asked him to grab me a few more plants for the bridal shower! So Go Gunnar!
Getting better! Almost a little artsy... Maybe Monte will get his Aunt Penny's photography eye?!
Once Kit knew I wasn't going anywhere he settled down and played so much, but he would come by me often to say "hello" and get a hug. At some point right after the ceremony he got his boots off and spent the whole reception just in his socks!
This bucket of rocks kept these boys busy for HOURS over the course of the weekend! We used the rocks in the vases to plant stuff in but the boys LOVED them! Jaxson and our friend's son Mason too!
hehehe
Isn't their table so pretty?! We had fajitas and they were yummy!! My cousin Trait visiting with the bride and groom.
I love this picture so much! These two were a mess and had SO MUCH FUN during the reception! I think Monte wore his boots on the wrong feet for most of it.
The last few months Monte has seemed to really pull away from anyone that wasn't family. Not being shy, just not interested. Well that phase apparently has ended! He was out there playing with all these kids he's never seen before! Here he is giving Johnathon Aaron's nephew a high five. All the kids loved the dance floor! There was a party going on out there the whole night!
I guess after being confined and required to be quiet during the ceremony all the kids were celebrating their freedom! The two flower girls, who had never met before and were pretty different ages, became best buds and danced the night away out there!
Even this guy had a great time with all the other kiddos!
My boys LOVE Adeline!
She got fancy for the wedding too! Honestly she did great during the whole weekend too! She was worn a lot and spent a lot of time snuggling with Granny and others!
She even matched her mom!
It's so fun having a girl in the family now! Isn't she so pretty?!
So I didn't get any pictures of the first dance, or the mother son dance, and actually I stole these from Sara and didn't actually take them either. Like I said, I kinda unplugged the whole weekend and just enjoyed the celebration. But the dances were all sweet. I always enjoy watching the special dances at receptions!
JA's mom Amanda had made these awesome letters out of pennies and nickels for the bridal shower so we used them for the wedding too! They actually worked out perfectly to fill this blank spot that definitely needed something!
After the dances were over, Monte kept wanting Gunnar or me to come dance with him or "spin me mama, SPIN!" as he said! Gunnar caught this moment of Monte and me dancing and my cousin Trait dancing with his daughter. Trait and I are ten years apart and honestly growing up he was always a little scary to me which I don't think was actually merited at all, but as adults we have become good friends and I really enjoy him and his family. We need to see them more often!
Monte also wanted me to "spin Kit too!!" Kit wasn't really interested but Monte was satisfied if I was just holding him!
Jaxson joined the party too!
During sunset the reception area became shaded but the top of the mountain behind it was still in the sun. It was such a beautiful evening!
Sara kinda whistled to try to get Kit to look at the camera but he just mimicked her and made a fish face instead!
We attempted a family photo but both boys were way too interested in playing to actually want to take a picture! Made for some funny outtakes!
This is the best we got! What you can't really tell from the picture is that Kit is pushing as hard as he can to get away from me and get down!
We even remembered to take one of just us together. Crazy how little you remember to do that once you have kiddos!
Uncle Brady had the magic Adeline touch! Isn't that headband great!
I think everyone had a great time at the reception! The food was yummy! The cake, which I do not have a pictures of, was BEAUTIFUL and so good!! JA's aunt made it and I was seriously impressed! Like she just bakes as a hobby and that cake looked totally like it was from a bakery...if someone has a picture of it send it to me! The weather was great, the sky clear, and the company delightful! The best man made a really moving toast, Sara and I gave very short ones, and Jonathan gave a great one too! They played the shoe game which was pretty entertaining also! They both think they're the better driver ;)
Kit was kinda loosing it as it became later into the night. I finally just made him lay his head down on my shoulder and he snuggled right down to sleep. While holding him like that is very sweet, it hurts my lower back badly after a few minutes so we decided to try Adeline's rock n play and it worked like a charm. Poor guy missed the sparklers!
I think it went just about as perfectly as it could have!! I hope Penny and JA feel the same way!! Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Nichols!











No comments:
Post a Comment