So... we moved last Friday. We're very tired... Thursday instead of spending the whole day packing we decided to blow that off and go for one last ride as a family! The boys love it and so do we! My new saddle is seriously so comfortable! I love it! The horses had both been rolling in the mud and were covered so it took a while to get them brushed out enough to be able to get a saddle on them! But I kinda forget how therapeutic it is to me to brush down a horse. I used to go out to the pens at my grandparent's house and comb out all the horse's manes and tails.

Monte "helped" too!
Kit threw rocks in the trough!
Kit had been up from like 12:20-3:30 the night before... WHY?!?!?! so we almost didn't go. I did however make him lay down on my shoulder adn take a power nap on the way back to the windmill. I think it saved us because he was great the rest of the day!
Waiting on Daddy to unload the horses.
How handsome is he?!
His hat kept blowing off so I just held it. He kept asking, "haaaat?"
I love this shot with the windmill barely in view!
Oh hey!
Gunnar found a dead deer in a cedar bush and got off to investigate. Because we were close to being back to the windmill he just walked back instead of trying to get back on with Monte. Plus Monte thinks it's all that when he gets to ride by himself!
Had to throw rocks in the pond one last time!!
Monte REALLY wanted to see the deer so Gunnar went and got it. He said it looked like an animal had drug it into the bushes to eat. Anyway both boys were thoroughly fascinated. Monte kept wanting to know where its eyes went.
We sure enjoyed this place while we lived here! The Lord truly blessed us with the opportunity to live at the LP for a little while.
*Love*
Back at the house, Kit got to ride "alone" for the first time! He was a fan!! He kept wanting to pet the horse and look at his mane.
"Whatcha lookin' at?!"
Dismounting!



























1 comment:
Fond memories for you all. The boys may be little, but there will be a spark of memory for them when you talk about it later when they are older. And yes, grooming a horse can be very calming. Papa does so miss having horses. Happy you had the LP experiences. We enjoyed all your pictures!
Post a Comment