I've been trying to meet up with other moms to walk about once a week.. I mean I've done it twice so far but it's been such a great idea! The weather has been great and we can talk while we walk. Kati and I met up at the KOA and that was great but the boys all just rode the whole time. Those hills though! This week we met up at the Arroyo Trails. I hadn't been on it yet and it was soo great! It's wide so all three of us with all three strollers could walk abreast without being crowded and because it's just through the fields, the kids could all run as much as they wanted without us worrying about cars! Win win! And man did they run a lot! All the kiddos besides Kit ran and rode and ran and rode! Seriously, I wish I thought running was that fun!

There are random art exhibits that the kids all enjoyed investigating!
After our walk, I had packed lunch for the boys to eat at the park instead of in the truck and Ashley had packed lunch for her kids too so we got to visit some more in between making sure Kit didn't fall off of everything he decided he wanted to climb on top of!

Monte had seen the slides when we parked and had asked to go play on them, I told him we could after our walk. After the walk, which ended up being around two miles, I told him he couldn't play on them until after he ate his lunch so by the time he finally got to actually go play he was about to burst at the seams with anticipation!
This was the first time Kit has been to a park since being old enough to actually walk around and play and he was delighted!
All the kids, mine and Ashley's, loved the sand and Monte was actually able to operate these toys fairly successfully!
When I first set Kit down on the sand he wouldn't move his feet like he was unsure what this stuff was! He was soo funny! He kept picking up and throwing it and making the same kind of faces he did the other day when trying a lime for the first time!
At some point during our walk, we were all talking about our kids climbing and how careful we should require them to be or how much we should let them try etc. I commented that Kit is at the age where he wants to climb on everything but just so does not comprehend what an edge is and how tricky that age can be! He proved me right at the park several times by climbing up on top of things and being so proud of himself and me having to go rescue him! Later that afternoon, after we were got home, he decided that he needed to prove me right again and stepped right off the hearth, scraped his leg on the brick and got his first goose egg! Fortunately I happened to see his fall and knew he didn't hit his head very hard thankfully. About a 30 second cry and he was right back up on the hearth although this time he got up and down successfully so hopefully he learned from his fall....hopefully! Kids! hehe







No comments:
Post a Comment