We had a bit of an unconventional Thanksgiving this year....and
loved it! We spent the day out a what we call "Grierson." It was the
boys first time there and they were fans! We helped set up camp for
the guys to hunt and camp the next couple days while Reb hunted Mule
Deer. So I don't know about everyone but I think a baby (Kit is
ABSOLUTELY STILL a baby!!) in camo overalls is just about the best thing
ever!
He loved Grandad's cot and kept wanting to drum on it!
Monte got Grandad to take him off somewhere pretty much as soon as we got there!
Both boys thought the tent was pretty funny too and had a lot of fun going in and out and in and out! "Peek a boo Annie!"
hehe
Coming back from their adventure!
Helping Annie roll down the windows.
I'm telling you, these overalls are my new favorite baby outfit!
We went for a walk/hike and Kit, thankfully, fell asleep on Daddy. It was his first time to ride on someone's back and he conked right out! He was kinda in a weird nap phase and hadn't fallen asleep on the whole hour and a half drive out there... We were able to keep him out of the sun so he didn't get sunburned. I'm really glad I thought to grab that hat!
Monte
was such the little adventurer! Running around ahead of everyone,
looking at bugs, and the sky, and sticks and whatever else caught his
eye! He's so interested in the little details of things! Walking with
Annie and Grandad was high on his list too!
Grandad showing Monte the trough shut off switch. I'm pretty sure Monte pulled that lid off the pipe about 20 times while we were standing there!
After we got back to camp, we had turkey sandwiches, it WAS Thanksgiving after all! Monte loved his new little table and chair. Both boys played in the fire pit for a long time and got filthy! I'll have to get pictures from Ann and post them later! Kit sometimes gets mad when he tries walking on rough ground so I was a little apprehensive about how he would be down at camp! He LOVED it! Pulling grass, throwing rocks, throwing his food on the ground and picking it back up to eat, moving everyone's water bottles. He was funny!
After lunch we went and set up game cameras at the trough for the guys to look at later. Monte and Kit stayed at the truck and played a lot. It had gotten pretty warm by then and it was "supposed" to "just take a minute..." Yeah everyone knows how that goes!
We spent the night at Ann and Sid's then had a family photo shoot with
Penny the next morning before heading to my parents for my family's
Thanksgiving. I had hair sprayed Monte's hair for the shoot so when he
woke up from his nap his hair was CRAZY!! And it stayed like that until
I finally wet it and combed it again for dinner.
I had made Penny and Johnathon a little engagement gift so we were able to give it to them that day.
The boys love the trampoline and always ask to go jump. I think Mom is in the market for one of those net things but for now an adoring grandparent usually goes to jump and play with them!
Reading before nap time! Monte is very possessive of his "Granmolly" and wanted to read with her alone! I told him that he could go to sleep without reading or read with Jax and he decided that maybe he wanted to read after all. They were so cute reading all together!
Papa introduced Kit to the light switch and became the favorite person of the day!
Later I was holding Kit a few feet from the door and he kept fussing and leaning over and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Papa looks up and tells me "he wants the light switch!" So I stepped over a couple steps and Kit was as happy as a lark! He couldn't quite figure out how to turn them on but liked turning them off over and over again!
Love this one!
We had a great Thanksgiving meal (I think Gunnar ate at least SIX of Gran's deviled eggs!), ate a lot of pie and had a rousing
hilarious game of pictionary! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
























No comments:
Post a Comment