Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ski Trip 2016

We enjoyed our 3rd annual Criner Family Ski Trip a couple weeks ago.  The weather was great! The snow, fabulous, and the company, well they were alright I guess ;)

Since Sara is 31 weeks pregnant and not really in any condition to ski, she was able to keep Monte while Gunnar and I skied! They seemed to have a great time together!  Even rode the gondola up the mountain one afternoon.

Sara said Monte liked looking out at the skiers, lifts, and mountain but would check on her every little while to make sure she was still there!





Sara's Tahoe was the perfect "play pen" for Monte.  If you opened the back window it was the the perfect height that he could see out but had no risk of taking header onto the parking lot!  He could watch the skiers, be part of the action, without being held all the time!


Not sure if it was because he missed me, the altitude, a new place or what but sleeping was not something the Monte wanted to excel at on our trip....

I was a little nervous about how quickly I would pick skiing back up but turned out I had nothing to worry about. I love skiing!!



The second afternoon we all came and skied Capitan (the mountain face right at the base of the mountain) so Sara could watch.  Monte thought it was really funny that he could hear our voices from the lift! I'm not sure he ever realized that we were actually up there!



31 weeks! At the top of the mountain! 

The growing Terral Family









Oh the difference one year can make!

32 weeks pregnant with Monte

 Our growing family
 


Monte James - One Year Later - 9 Months Old

Our little family
 

Criner Family Ski Trip 2016
 

 We love our cabin!  It's the second time we've stayed in the exact same place.  Its about as close to the mountain as you could possibly get, perfect number of bedrooms, peaceful beautiful location, and of course a balcony and HOT TUB!
  

Monte liked it too!

 Ready to hit the slopes!
 


I told Sara I would check my phone every lift ride in case Monte wasn't ok and I needed to come back.  It was nice getting texts like this!  Knowing he was warm and cozy and safe with Aunt Sara while we enjoyed the slopes!

Jonathan and I went on a little adventure to a black run called "The Trench"!  I turned out to be pretty anti climatic as it was a trench but short and ICY, and took A LOT of poling to get there! Oh well we can say we did it and no one else in our family can!  It honestly would have been a great run if it hadn't been so icy!

Enjoying the sunshine!



Lunch time was always great! Seeing Monte and Sara, getting those darn ski boots off for a little while, and food is always better when you're outside and been active!

Ready for lunch!
 




The bowl was OPEN!! So Fun!  Mom and Dad coming up the lift!



Discussing our next run!



 J and Gunnar

Aunt Sara and Monte

No comments: