I guess I should just embrace it, and he sure is in a fun stage, but I'm going to hold onto my "little" (that term was always relative with him) baby as long as I can!
-Weight - uh to be figured out tomorrow
- Teeth - 4 on the bottom and one trying to pop through on the top
- Crawls normal about 60-75% of the time and does his "step and drag" the other 40%-25% of the time.
- Knows all our family members now. He's stayed several times at both his grandparents lately and he seems to really love them! - Is a great big "helper!" Here he unrolling the toilet paper at our rent house while I was trying to clean the bathroom for the new renters. And they wonder why it took me so long ;)
- Loves to play with our shoes...weirdo!
- LOVES outside!!
- Favorite toy is still my nightstand but he also really likes his new push toy, puzzles from Aunt Sara, and these plastic icicles that came off some Christmas lights a lot right now. Oh and my new bracelet!
-Turns the pages when we read.
- Discovered a 3 way mirror for the first time. He would look one way and do his little "huuuuh" laugh, then look the other way and do it again.
- LOVES bananas!! Is eating "real" food at least once a day now and loves it. I don't know how much he gets down him but he sure likes trying to grab it, suck on it, spit it out, smear it everywhere, throw it, etc! With us moving I really just decided to not push food. It was too much work and honestly he just didn't seem that interested, then a week before Christmas it was like a light switch turned on and he suddenly wanted to eat and seemed to be hungry for food and not just milk. I'm so glad I waited til he was ready even though I did it more out of convenience and not "good mothering instincts".
- Eats carrots, pears, cooked broccoli (LOVES it!), avocado, shredded chicken (always spits this out), chicken broth, sweet potatoes, applesauce, bananas, and we tried some beans today.
- Attended his second Coleman Rodeo (what we call it when all the cousins get together to work Gunnar's uncle's cows) He was a lot more interested this time and could actually be entertained by the shenanigans!
- Sleep...ahh sleep, well I just let sleep go over the move and holidays so he was back to waking up LOTS of times a night to nurse or just cry :( This week though, I decided to buckle down and get him back to sleeping well again (and ME). He now stands up in his crib and bounces when he wakes up, when you lay him down he seems relieved like "Man I was so tired but I just didn't know how to lay down" haha So the first night it took two hours! (partly my fault) I would go into his room every five minutes and lay him back down and cover him back up. After an hour he finally fell asleep but I knew he was uncovered so I went in and covered him up and WOKE HIM UP :( So it took another hour for him to go to sleep again! The next night took TWO times of me going into his room before he went to sleep! 10 minutes! yay! Then he slept 6 hours straight! So we're on night four and we'll see how tonight goes. Those first nights are so hard and it's so sad hearing them cry but he really did learn so fast and life will now be so much better for all of us!
(Oh those cheeks)
- Stopped nursing to sleep most nights (since we're sleep training might as well do it all at once huh?) So we started doing the same thing, going in every 5 minutes and laying him down. Gunnar was just about to go in tonight and Monte stopped fussing. We waited a while then peeked. He had LAID HIMSELF down from sitting up and went to sleep! That's a first! I wanted to go hug him and tell him how proud of him I was but that would have been rather counter productive! (I'll tell him tomorrow) I know moving twice had just really not helped us help him be a good sleeper so hopefully the next one won't be so challenging!UPDATE 1-16-16: Slept TEN HOURS last night without making peep!!! Put himself to sleep around 7:30 and didn't wake up to eat until 5:30! Then slept THREE more hours til 8:30! Hopefully this means we're turning a corner and it sure makes those difficult night of letting him cry it out and teaching him to lay down seem worth it if this is how it's going to be! I'm not holding my breath for this every night but who knows, it could happen!
- Wearing 9-12 months clothes. A few 18 month pieces and some of his 9 and 12 months clothing is too small.
- Signs "milk". I finally got diligent about teaching him the sign for "milk" and he can do it now sometimes. He concentrates really hard and studies his hand while he does it.
- Has turned into a great napper! He puts himself to sleep like a champ! Even with a giraffe smashing his face ;)
- Holds his own bottle or sippy cup.
- LOVES to go in the truck! We think we've created a monster!! Anytime he gets in a vehicle when he's not in his car seat he's climbing for the steering wheel!
- LOVES to go feed the horses with Daddy! When he sees Gunnar put the carrier on he knows it means he gets to go and he gets SO excited and flails his arms up and down!
- Eyes - They have turned a kind of grey actually. Kinda brown but mostly grey! I love them!
- Plays well alone. Leaves what room I'm in more and more often to go play/explore on his own!
- Still chews on EVERYTHING! (Did I mention I found a leaf chunk in his diaper one day?! Oops!)
- Is super confident about standing but has yet to fully let go. I've gotten him to stand alone a couple of times but most of the time when you try he immediately sits down.
- First time at Tom Green.
- LOVES the fireplace and "helping" Daddy build a fire! We seriously have to pull him away so he doesn't burn his face! He doesn't seem to notice! haha
- Is so silly! He does this fake laugh thing I'm pretty sure because he knows it makes us laugh!
- First time to play with someone his own age. He loved him! Unfortunately he demonstrated his pleasure by smacking Harper in the head!! haha Harper has two older siblings and didn't even seem to notice! We apparently need to work on our manners :)
- First Christmas! He seemed to like the tree and never once tried to pull ornaments off or pull it down.
- First snow at Mimi's!! He liked it and wanted to eat it, then would make a TERRIBLE face! haha
-




















No comments:
Post a Comment