Monday, January 20, 2020

Steele Samuel - 3 months old

Steele man is 3 months old!

Weight:

Diapers: Size 2 but I am going to have to move him up soon.  The 2s are getting too short.

Clothes: 3-6 month clothes.  6 month clothes fit perfectly, not too big at all...


- Went Christmas tree shopping... wasn't a huge fan.

Kit on the left, Steele on the right.  Exact same age, same jacket....TOTALLY different fit!  haha I couldn't even zip it up all the way on Steele without choking him! 

- Transfers easily without nursing from bed to car seat, to truck, then back to bed if he goes to bed somewhere else and we take him home later. 
- Loves his play mat now and can see and grab the toys.  I thought he would love looking at the tree and lights but he didn't really seem to care or notice...

- Still definitely favors Monte as a baby.  Monte on the left, Steele on the right.

- First Grierson trip!  We were going to go to Grierson for Thanksgiving but since the flu canceled those plans, we went a couple weeks later just for fun!


- First tent nap!

- Has discovered himself in the mirror and finds himself completely fascinating!

- Hangs out with us in the bumbo quite often now.  Works really well in the evenings when he's a little fussy and wants to be right with us! 

- On a pretty reliable schedule now.  Generally takes two shorter morning swing/or wherever naps, then goes down for a long 2-4 hour afternoon nap in his bed.  Sometimes he takes a short evening cat nap, sometimes not based on how long his afternoon nap lasted, then goes to bed around 7:30 - 8:30.

- First Christmas!

- Likes walks but mostly just falls asleep.  Outside does not seem to be the cure all that it was with his brothers...

- His clogged tear duct unclogged!! YAY for no more goopy eye!  He scratched himself right by his eye at the same time his tear duct cleared up and I seriously wonder if he stretched the skin when he scratched himself and allowed the clog to flow free... probably just a coincidence but maybe not...

- HAS to have his fist to fall asleep no matter where or in what position he falls asleep in.

- Had a tummy time epiphany... "Oh hey!!  I can SEE like this!!" He still doesn't last a super long time on his tummy but does like looking at toys or books for a little while and is definitely getting stronger every time.  I mean just check out those arm rolls!


- Loves Monte!  Monte can get him to smile and laugh more than I can!

- He doesn't fall asleep on us very often anymore but when he does we soak it in!!

Christmas Morning

Santa Baby

- Concentrates very hard on whatever you put in front of him.  (even a cinnamon roll wrapper)



- I had to include this picture.  He was trying to chew on his fist and got his finger up his nose.  I'm not even sure he knew it was in there. 

- First time all three boys "played" together!! Definitely gave me hope for the future when I can lay him down near them and they can keep him entertained. 



- Met his great grandmother, Mimi for the first time. 

- Met his second cousin for the first time. 

- LOVES standing up now and gets so excited every time you put him on his feet! 
- Heart melting smiles and giggles now! 

- Can track you as you walk by now.  Tries to follow his brothers but they are often too quick for him to keep up with. 


I love him so much! 

No comments: