Monday, January 27, 2020

Moments in Life

New Years Bonfire

Monte and Steele seem to have a special relationship.  I love to watch them together.  He was telling Steele what everything was behind the flaps and seemed to think that Steele actually understood him.  It was super sweet. 

Kit sleeps like this quite often, especially if he wakes up for some reason during the night and is settling down to go back to sleep.  I just love it so much!

This was the first time all three boys were "playing" near each other.  I looked up and saw them like this, each busy doing their own thing, and had a epiphany moment of what it will be like in the future when I actually have three boys and not two boys and a baby like it is now. 

Monte made Joseph go bow hunting in the tree stand, in a palm tree one day.  He has his ladder from his new Christmas toys, Joseph from their nativity and a mixture of animals all down!

Kit loves wearing my or Gunnar's shoes and will hang out in them for a while!  It was comical watching him walk around in these big snow boots!

Sara brought a gingerbread kit over the other day for the kids to do together.  We both were skeptical of how well it would go down but the kids all loved it and did really well together.  Adeline is the cutest thing ever here waiting for us to get started!


So only one kid is looking but all four are smiling so I call that a win!  Sara and I talked about how we look forward to when they're all a little older and can all do their own and we can have a cousin ginger bread house contest or something. 

Patching fence.  The boys and Uncle Reb got in on the action too. 


In their minds they were being very helpful bending old wire back on itself. 

I love this picture.   Reb and Gunnar actually working, a baby in the grass "watching" and the two big boys playing in the truck bed.


Kit has been obsessed with his shark and seal lately.  They always have to be in his bed to sleep with him at night and one night he told me, "Well it's not a mad shark, he's a happy shark so he's the seal's friend."

Gunnar and some buddies got to go on a sand hill crane hunt.  He had a great time and the meat is so good!  They call it "the rib eye of the sky" and I'm a believer! I told Gunnar, "this just doesn't taste like a bird!"

Gunnar took the boys on their first spot and stalk hunt and he was able to shoot a deer!  He told me, "I just can't believe that worked!! How did she not see us?!"  They spotted her up a fence line about 300 yards away and hid behind a brush pile while she made her way toward them.  Gunnar said that at one point both boys walked out from behind the pile to see her and she never saw them.  even though it was just a doe, he said that it was "epic" because be got to take Monte and Kit!



No comments: