Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Big Boy Bed

As of Friday, Kit is in his big boy bed!  Kinda just decided on a whim to make the switch and see how he would do, and honestly it's been the easiest change we've ever made.  Pretty much no transition period at all.  It's been way harder on me than on him.  Such a visual reminder that I no longer have a baby around! 

I took the crib rail off while the boys were eating lunch and told Kit I had something to show him.  

He was pretty pleased!  (excuse his messy room!  They love to dump every toy there is out of those drawers, but it's so easy to just throw them all back in so clean up is a breeze!) 


The longer he was in his bed, the more excited he became! 

Monte's excitement amped up Kit's excitement as well!  He slowly started to understand that this meant that he could get in and out of his bed whenever he wanted to!





Every time he climbs out, he throws his arms out and says, "Out!! Out!"  He is still doing this almost a week later!


Several times a day he seems to remember that he can get into his bed and runs into his room saying, "My bed!! My bed!!"  The newness hasn't seemed to wear off yet! 

First nap in his "new" bed!  

Friday night the boys spent the night at their Grandad and Annie's house and Saturday they had fallen asleep in the car on the way home and we transferred them into their beds so Kit didn't get a chance to actually go to bed in his new bed until Sunday night.  I think that might have helped make the transition period so smooth.  He had already taken several naps and had slept in his bed without having to go to sleep in it already.   I love that he still seems to love it so much!  They do play in there pretty often which has not been so great for keeping the sheets clean!  Ha!

It is weird to say that my baby isn't a baby anymore!  I mean he hasn't been for a while but this was a big reminder.  He is really the best though!  I have discovered him just sitting in his bed reading a book several times, and a couple times both he and Monte were in there, sitting side by side, reading books.  I love you Kit!

No comments: