Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Few of My Favorite Things - Part 2

So I've decided to just keep a running draft of my favorite things the boys are doing and post them periodically.  They change so quickly, I don't want to just assume I'll remember stuff...

Like just yesterday I realized that Monte has no longer done one of my favorite things he used to do in a long time.  I honestly have no idea when it stopped.  Before he could say it, we taught him the sign for "thank you."  Even as he learned to speak it, he would often sign it and say it together.  If you handed him a drink and told asked him "What do you say?"  He would continue to drink but do the "thank you" sign on his cheek instead of lips/chin.  So cute!

Another thing I hope he "never" stops saying is "hol-jew" (hold you, aka hold me).  Gunnar has started messing with him by asking "You want to hold me?" Then Monte responds with "jew hol me?" and Gunnar responds, "you hold me or me hold you?" and then Monte responds back with a similar version.  Monte has no idea why we think it's funny but knows he's being funny by our reactions and plays it up!

Monte has also started calling for me when he doesn't know where I am... "where are you Mama?"  (It's hard to type phonetically how he pronounces stuff!)  I need to get a video of him saying it because his little voice and mispronounced words just melts your heart!

Kit gets SOO excited when Gunnar gets home.  He starts cackling and crawls as fast as he can make his little arms and legs go toward Gunnar!

All the noises Kit makes.  He coos, and I don't really know how to describe them but it sounds like he is just having the most sparkling conversation with himself!  He puckers his lips and says something like, "oooohhh" a lot. He also rolls his tongue like he's practicing rolling Rs for speaking spanish. 

No comments: