- Size 3 diapers
- 6 Month clothes, although he's outgrown most of his pajamas so I probably need to pull out the 6-9 month box.
-He seemed to make a huge jump in development since his 6 month post. It happened suddenly and took me off guard. Went from my little snugly baby to a mobile moving baby boy!
- Usually sleeps the last hour or two of the night, or morning I guess, with me in our bed. I mean those cheeks!
- Rode in the basket seat for the first time! He was the star of Hobby Lobby! hehe He kept turning to watch where we were going or staring up at Gunnar.
- Won't stay on a blanket outside anymore and is fascinated with grass!
"What? I don't want to stay on the blanket, I want to eat the grass!"
- Says "Mama" or often "mamamama" Also says "babababa" a lot. No idea if it means anything specific or he's just playing!
- Sleeps like his Daddy and brother! They all often sleep with their wrist bent like this! Looks painful to me but they all do it!

- Loves the highchair now! He usually gets happy if he gets to play in the highchair!
- Has some serious shoulder strength! Future gymnast??
- Popped through two bottom teeth, and I think is working on another one!
- Was sleeping great, THEN was teething and waking up every hour or two, I wasn't sure or not so I tried sleep training and that was a BUST, then two teeth popped through and he immediately went back to sleeping 6-8 hours on his own without sleep training. Now he is working on another tooth again and we're back to waking up every two hours.... Someone help me!
- Spits so so so much! It's almost like he thinks of his tongue as a toy, He's always chewing on it and feeling his teeth!
- Always wakes up super happy initially!!
- CRAWLING! He hasn't totally mastered it yet but he gets where he wants to go! Gunnar was super happy he was home when it happened the first time and got to see him! It's so fun to see how your children develop! Monte sat up before he was 5 months old, Kit was over 6 months before he sat up and yet they crawled almost exactly the same time, Kit may have actually beaten Monte.
- Gets so excited when Daddy gets home! Gunnar got home early the other day and was hanging out with Kit on the bed. I knew Kit needed a nap but noticed that he was getting more and more relaxed so I just left them alone and later came back and found this!
- Has started to bond with Gunnar a lot more! He can interact and "play" a lot more so Gunnar is really enjoying him a lot more now. Not that he didn't before it's just different for dads and their ability to bond with babies.
- First four wheeler ride! He got to go check calves with Daddy and Monte!

- Has tried a few bites of avocado and banana... Any guesses how he felt about them?! hehe
- He often decides to get up when Gunnar does - before 6! - so while I think it's because he's teething and just not sleeping great, Gunnar has decided to take advantage of it and enjoy some Daddy and Kit alone time which rarely happens with Monte around! So the other day Gunnar was packing his lunch he gave Kit a couple sweet potatoe fries to "try" aka "play with." So I woke up later with this video from Gunnar! Lots of shuddering! hehe
- So just a month ago Kit couldn't crawl, or sit up or do anything! And honestly he didn't even seem close. And now he can sit, crawl, and go from crawling to sitting! All within like three weeks!! There was no progression! I had a little baby who would just lay there happily to a mobile destroyer! hehe But seriously Kit has been my slower baby, just didn't seem driven to start moving and then suddenly off he goes! I kinda loved it, Monte was such an early sitter, and walker that I kinda felt like I got to keep my little snugly baby longer with Kit! So because he just took a huge leap so quickly I almost feel I didn't have the progression time I had with Monte to get used to not having an squishy baby infant anymore! So the other day he needed a nap but was fussy and not having it so I put him in the carrier and got him to sleep and decided to just soak in time with my little baby. I'm really glad Gunnar saw us and decided to snap our picture. I want to remember that moment!
- Loves being outside!
- LOVES Sister (our blue heeler) He's laughing at her here!
- Naps great! 9:30 or 10 and 2ish and sometimes 5ish... I'm realizing that he usually needs that third nap, but doesn't always get it.
- Moved the co sleeper down today.














No comments:
Post a Comment