Wednesday, June 13, 2018

River Trip

So we went to the river last week.  The water was low, the sun hot, the beer cold, and the company fantastic!  We spent a lot of time just hanging out at the play place letting the kiddos play in the rapids while we took turns catching and relaxing and talking. 















We caught helgimites, crawdads, tiny catfish, and tadpoles.  Some of the tadpoles already had legs growing.  I'm not sure who was more fascinated or had more fun, the kids or the adults!






Uncle Reb's slow motion video skills were on point!











Both boys wound up with hand foot mouth disease so that kinda put a damper on things for a couple days but actually once the fever broke neither one of them seemed to even notice the blisters.  Poor Monte was covered from head to toe!  Kit got a much lighter case thank goodness!










This is quite a catch for this specific pond!











Kit's first float!  I think.... maybe we took him on one last year??  ummm I don't remember...









River nappin' in the best!




Here's to you, River Trip 2018!

No comments: