Last weekend was Joe Todd and Amber's wedding, and I didn't get one single picture of or with them... *face palm* but we had a great time celebrating!!
The boys thought the hotel was a great adventure and probably would have been thrilled and satisfied if we had just hung out there. We got to meet baby Haisley, their second cousin. Kit kept calling her Adeline. Apparently he just thinks all babies are named Adeline, or maybe that any baby is actually Adeline!

The boys were kinda wound up right before the wedding but did great during the wedding! The magic of a bag of raisins! It was a really sweet ceremony and the bride was gorgeous! We were near the front so I had a clear view of Joe as she walked down the aisle which is always my favorite part! He did not disappoint!
Had to get a family picture with us all dressed up!
Three out of four smiles was the best we were going to get! There was just too much going on and too many new people to get Kit to give us a good grin....He's a tough crowd ;)
I'm not sure what they were looking at but it was apparently very interesting!
This cutie! Eating acorns...
The kids liked the "intermission" best think! ;)
The reception was at a new winery in town. We may need to have a little chat with Kit about his life choices soon... or maybe with his uncle and Grandad! *disclaimer* the bottles were EMPTY!
The food was so good!! Definitely better than "typical" wedding food! So so good! I even let Monte have his first piece of REAL cake. The look of absolute wonder on his face was priceless! We let him see the cake while in line for food and promised him that he could have a chocolate covered strawberry after they cut the cake. Well I let him have the strawberry and then he went for the cake and I just let him go. Everyone was shocked that I let him have it.
Kit and his bow tie! At Penny's wedding he would not let us take off his tie and at this wedding he would not let me take off his bow tie either! I mean it is super cute!
Monte kept asking Gunnar and me to dance with him, which basically just meant to spin him. But I'm glad he likes getting out there and having fun!
Too much fun apparently! He climbed up onto Gunnar and fell straight to sleep! He never does that! And they were right beside the dance floor and it was loud!! Kit kept asking to go "oooouuuuside!!"
How precious is this though?!
I felt so old watching Monte's fascination with the old school phone! He kept pretending to call people and could not easily be pulled away!
The next day everyone went out to Joan and Todd's for brunch and family time. That afternoon several of us decided to head down to the dock. Mary's boyfriend Logan was there and I don't know him very well yet. As we were heading down past the barn, Logan about tackled Mary, me, and the stroller. I just thought he was messing with Mary but then glanced down to see a decent size rattle snake slithering along the concrete! Logan ran and grabbed a hoe thing and proceeded to let hell rain down on that snake!! Monte was fascinated and it was a great "DO NOT EVER TOUCH THOSE" teaching moment!
After we got down to the dock, everyone was checking all the edges of the concrete and building carefully for snakes. After Kyle got onto the dock walkway he stopped checking so carefully and walked right over this 6 ft long bull snake without ever seeing it! It was drinking water which was kinda cool to watch. None of us had ever seen a snake drinking before...
Gunnar snagged a video! Monte was him his element...childhood curiosity and wonder!
For some reason my crazy husband decided he wanted to catch it.. I mean I'm not afraid of snakes necessarily but I have no desire to hunt one out and pick it up either... *shudder* For several days after this Monte would ask, "daddy is crazy??" haha
I told Gunnar, "Look at me and smile!" and he said "uhh I'm not really sure I want to look up right now..." haha
Took Kit back to the house for a nap but he beat me to it so I got an extra little walk in. He stayed conked out for a while!
So Kyle, Emily's husband, is like a real fisherman, he fished on the A&M team in college. Anyway he catches way more fish than everyone and Gunnar really likes learning from him. Gunnar was set on catching a bass with some kind of special or unusual lure while Kyle was catching fish after fish on the normal lure, I obviously know oh soo much about these things, anyway, their back and forth banter made for fun entertainment for everyone else!
Later Gunnar decided to catch the snake again, with everyone there, while holding a kid... I love him!
Monte was much more interested in the fish this time!! He wanted to investigate everything.
"What's in there?" I love this picture because it shows off their little personalities so well. Kit often squats like that too look at something he's really interested in and Monte's interest but slight reserve as well.
As I was pushing the stroller back with Kit, I was a little more on alert for snakes after our afternoon, and as I crossed a cattle guard I looked over and discovered this guy...He was so little. I tried to get closer to pressure him out but he just kept frantically running back and forth and I was afraid he might hurt himself running into the end of the cattle guard. I backed off and after everyone got there and had a look we decided we had to try to get him out. Several people started to walk up to him and he hopped right out the side and ran away...made a total liar out of me!
Monte made it a whole 6 minutes down the road before falling asleep like this!! haha ahhh I love that boy!!
Congratulations Joe and Amber!!

























No comments:
Post a Comment