My friend Brittany invited Sara and I on a State Park hike yesterday! The boys all had so much fun despite an ant bite or two... I decided to use our hiking back pack for Kit, thankfully, and he did great! Part of the way through Kit wanted to walk, he had seen all the rocks and decided he needed some! That kid and rocks!

Because of the rain there were puddles everywhere and lots of mud! Mason is a little champ and was leading the way most of the time!
For part of the hike all three bigger boys had big sticks they were carrying around. They had discovered a hole and were all sticking there sticks down it trying to find out what was inside.
Brittany has a hiking backpack too so Shiloh rode and sang most of the way. Adeline slept most of the way. I got my first red ant bite ever, they were EVERYWHERE, and poor Jaxson got one up his pant leg and got bit twice. Those things hurt!
Monte had been sick over the weekend but was recovered enough that it did him good to get out and have some exercise! He was asleep by 7:45 that night though!
Kit rode, sang, pointed, and chatted for most of the time. It was the first time I had worn that backpack for a long way so I was curious how it would feel. I was pleasantly surprised with how comfortable it was even as far as we went. I should have thought ahead a little better and not worn a sleeveless shirt but other that that it was pretty comfortable! It also kept him pretty shaded so that was great.
We stopped at this little water hole on the way back and the boys threw rocks and splashed and explored and picked flowers and we ladies got to actually talked a while.
Back at the cars, the boys played in this water fountain and I think it was the highlight of the whole excursion! They would turn it higher and lower and run under it and just giggled and giggled!
We decided to make this a regular thing excpet a lot earlier in the mornings before it's so so hot!







No comments:
Post a Comment