My Kit man is WALKING!!! He has fully made the switch in that he always walks first. He often falls before he makes it all the way and finishes getting there by crawling but we have a walking boy! He still gets so proud of himself which is endearing and Monte still gets so excited for him. "Dit walking adin!!" (Kit walking again)
This was this morning. As you can tell, he still hasn't mastered standing up on his own yet. He still uses furniture or toys, or the wall to stand up.
I would have never guessed Kit would walk before Monte did! As a little baby he was just so calm and chilled and didn't seem to be in a hurry to get anywhere, and then suddenly, he switched gears! He went from doing nothing to sitting, crawling, and going from crawling to sitting in a two week period and he hasn't slowed down since! I guess maybe it finally clicked that he has a big brother that he wants to keep up with??
The last few weeks with Kit have been a little challenging, ok a lot challenging. I thought he was teething but now I think he was in a developmental leap. Or is still in the tail end of it. Which makes even more sense now that he is walking! Sometimes mothering is so complicated. You have these little humans who cannot communicate with you what is going on with them, "are you hurting, sad, scared, gassy, mad, hungry, teething, allergic, thirsty, need attention, getting too much attention and on and on?" and yet you still have to love and care for them, all the while playing Sherlock Holmes trying to decipher all the clues in their behavior. And then your baby walks! You can't control that! You can't predict when that will happen. He is so proud of himself, and I have to admit it makes me kinda proud that I've had early walkers. (every parent should think their kid is the absolute best right?! or at least I hope they do!) And you remember that these little humans were created in the Lord's image and He is the one who made that little chubby body who is taking the cutest little halting steps across your living room, and that He is the one who is taking care of them. With all the chaos that's going on in the world right now, remembering daily that He HAS my children is something I am trying to grab onto and never let go! The Lord knew exactly when Kit would take his first step, He KNOWS, and He is their provider and comforter! Through all the potty training, and grubby faces, and diaper after diaper, and giggles, and books, and moments when you find your two year old on the kitchen floor with a WHOLE box of unwrapped butter, remembering in those moments, that these times are precious and fleeting and that He knows it all and He loves them so much more than I ever could! Enjoy those sweet and sour moments mamas. He is our provider and He is our Warrior King! Even in the chaos of the world, remember that our children are our mission field and there is no greater gift than to live Jesus in front of them. Demonstrating to them how He takes our chaos, our mess, and brings peace and calm.
Be still, and know that I am God. ~ Psalm 46:10
No comments:
Post a Comment