Friday, February 24, 2017

Ski Trip Part 1 - The Drives!

So taking three children under the age of two on a 9 hour drive is kinda a risky endeavor but we decided to go for it!  It ended up being about 11-12 hours with the long stops we made.  On the way there we only stopped twice but one of them was for a long time at a park so the boys could run/crawl/kick around and play!  We decided to put all three boys together on the way up there so they could entertain each other.  Not sure if that was the best idea or not....we separated them on the way home and I'm not sure that was the best idea or not either!  Thankfully Mom and Penny were there to help entertain! 





We stopped at a park on the way there by chance and on the way back on purpose to let Monte and Jaxson get out and play!






Bubbles were saved for dire straits when just nothing else was working!!

Kit did awesome on the way there partly because he is so chill and partly because Penny threw her wrist out shaking a little rattle in front of him!

Monte had never been to a park before so it was like heaven to him!  Although he did end up with a nasty slide burn on his elbow!



On the way home Monte honestly did awesome!  The last couple hours Kit was just DONE!!  Poor guy!



"Can I be done with this car seat yet?!"



If this picture doesn't brighten your day I'm not sure what will!

On the way there we went up this SUPER windy narrow road WITH construction that apparently took forever!  I had given up and was taking a little nap but apparently Gunnar kept saying we only had "30 more minutes" for about an hour! We went home a different way to avoid that road!









s

Every time we let Monte out he would just RUN and RUN!!  


Hey, whatever works right?!


I think we decided that it was worth the drive!  I'm sure as the boys get older it will become easier but I'm sure we will keep throwing new babies into the mix so who knows!   I have a feeling that it will be like childbirth, by the time you're ready to do it again, you've forgotten the pain of doing it before!

No comments: