Tuesday, April 19, 2016

One Year Old

So I'm late posting this but this time it's not my fault.  That storm we had Saturday knocked out internet in our area and it just came back on today.  This is my last monthly post for Monte! How is that possible?! My baby boy is ONE! I'm honestly not sad, I think partly because I'm pregnant and I know I have a new baby coming.  Plus I have a tiny baby nephew to love on right now! Also, Monte is in such an exploratory stage right now.  Watching him discover the world opens my eyes to the wonder and joy of living.

- Weight:  23.5 pounds
- Height:
- Walks full time now, still a little wobbly but getting quicker and quicker!

- Figured out how to clap and thinks it's oh so funny!  (he was doing it a lot better earlier but by the time I had started filming he was about done)

- Sleeping through the night finally! Yay! I finally just cold turkeyed it and said "you're done buddy! No more nursing at night!" It took him one night of crying it out to start sleeping through the night! He goes down around 7:30, wakes up around 5 to eat then goes back down til about7:30 - 8:00.  And you may ask, "well why didn't you do that sooner?" I HAVE!! and it didn't work! After nights and nights of consistently trying so I guess he was just finally ready!

- Has a new cousin!!! Yay! He is slowly seeming to realize that Jax is something alive and he always wants to poke him... Sorry Jax!


- Says, "mama"....we think....he's not consistent haha

- Eats like a little pig!  Loves sweet potatoes, cooked broccoli, ground meat, bananas, prunes, raisins, cooked veggies of any kind, oranges, pears, and scrambled eggs.

- Still nursing a few times a day but not much.  My goal was to make it a year so yay!  I do try to always offer a sippy cup or food first and if those don't work then I'll let him nurse. He mainly only nurses before naps and before bed. 

- Has turned into a little monkey!  He loves climbing up on stuff but doesn't always know how to get down and cries. We mainly let him just figure it out on his own and then when he manages to get down he gets so proud of himself!

- Still LOVES being outside!
- LOVES steering wheels!

- Still usually takes two naps but is definitely transitioning into one long one.
- Loves books! (reading and eating)
- Still loves to open and close drawers, cabinets, and doors!
- 8 teeth...I think we're working on a couple more too.
- LOVES water!! Baths, puddles, the hose, a glass, it doesn't matter, if it's water he's going to figure out how to get in it!



- Enjoys eating dirt! 
 

- Is such a silly little boy!  Has the best giggle and grin!

- Is not normally a snuggler but every once in a while he surprises us. 
 

- Is excited to become a big brother soon!  (haha yeah he has no clue!)



 Happy Birthday Son!  We love you so much! Here's to another wonderful year of life!  Thanks for coming into our lives and blessing us beyond measure!  You are an awesome gift from God!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sweet Monte! Love, Love, Love you! Gran & Papa Criner

Mary said...

Monte!!!! I love you!!!!