Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Vehicle

The night Jax was born we were all sitting in the hallway in the hospital at dark:thirty while they were getting Sara and Jax transferred into her permanent room.  Poor Monte was on his last leg and was to the point where he was wired goofy.  There was a tall desk type chair in the hallway he started playing with.  The bottom was a big round silver ring and he started playing with it like a steering wheel.  We all laughed and Dad said he was going to get that boy a steering wheel for his birthday! He said he knew of an old steering wheel that he could mount to a board with some kind of ball bearing so we could mount it to the wall and Monte could have his very own steering wheel to play with whenever he wanted to. Well fast forward a couple week and Dad shows up on Monte's birthday with this!


Just SLIGHTLY more than a steering wheel and board!  When I asked him about it he said. "Well once I got started I couldn't stop!  I remembered that I had that old seat off a such and such, then I found that handle that could be a gear shift, and then I remembered that I had that big piece of metal, then I went and looked for handle to push it...etc. etc. etc..."

"Oh hey! There's my hand! How'd that get there?"

Monte LOVES it!!! He beelines for it the second he is allowed outside! He thinks it's funny when you push it on the cliche and it's bumpy!  


The face of approval!

Monte likes being pushed in it... (don't ya love my outfit?! ;)
 

playing with it on the ground, and...




And he QUICKLY figured out how to climb into it himself and stand in the seat!



So we're not really sure what to call it, a car?, a vehicle?, a push toy? I can see years of fun and imagination coming with this birthday present!  It can be a police car, a fire truck, a bulldozer, a big rig, a boat, a ship, a race car, well... you get the point! 

Thanks Pick-up!!  Sometimes it pays to have a super creative, pack rat father! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How Sweet! Terry is just like his "Pickup", able to create just about anything he puts his mind to.