A couple Sundays ago Sid needed to cut a few calves, and just to clarify if any of you don't know "cutting" calves translates to "castrate." I went along for the ride and to take a few pictures. It was a beautiful day after all those days of rain and ice so it was wonderful to be out there, until the bumpy roads about did me in.
Their system usually involves Ken roping them, Gunnar flanking the calf then Reb grabbing the back legs while Sid cuts and gives them a shot.
This one was a rounder! And I think he was the smallest one...typical huh?!
I kinda love this picture. If it was in black in white you wouldn't be able to tell if it was taken yesterday or 50 years ago!
Letting the calf up.
Men being manly! Gunnar's Uncle William was visiting too so he got to join in the fun.
Flanking the calf
Got him!
Calf #3!
He caught me!I kinda have a crush on him!
No comments:
Post a Comment