So finally I got after making it a little better!!
Here's how it's been on our wall! Yikes! (Its also kinda plain and blah and I wanted to give it a little more character)
First, I started with finding a font I liked. I found this one while looking and found it rather amusing! I almost wanted to use it just for its name!
After finding a font, and about 50 tries to get it the size I wanted, I finally printed it onto burlap. I think I found this on pinterest a while back but it works GREAT! You're supposed to use wax paper but I didn't have any so I used freezer paper and it worked the same. You just cut the freezer paper into a size that will fit through your printer then iron the burlap to the paper. It runs through your printer just like regular paper and you end up with beautiful printed burlap!
Love it!
Attempt #1…fail
Last, I broke out the mod podge and glued it all down. I didn't have a paintbrush so I improvised with a pen, paper towel, and rubber band! Worked like a charm!
Much better than before! Let's see how long it takes Gunnar to notice! hehe (just for the record I took this pic before I made sure all the pics were hanging straight ;)
And yes I still need to get pictures of our parents, and my grandparents….always a work in progress!









No comments:
Post a Comment