Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baby Bump - Week 17

17 weeks yesterday! Definitely looking pregnant!  For as bad as the first trimester was, the second trimester has been blissfully symptom free for the most part! Glory, Hallelujah!  Definitely out of shape from all the non activity for so long but I'm getting that back quickly, hopefully :) I'm gaining weight now that I actually like eating again!  Gunnar's a much happier man now that I actually cook supper a lot now! Poor guy… haha

We still brainstorm names every now and then but we're pretty much set on our choices, both for a boy or girl.  We will be finding out the gender in a few weeks (can't wait!) and will reveal that but the names are staying secret until we actually name the little one (I feel bad saying "it" and "him/her" seems annoying)  Not really sure why we decided this, we just have and like it so we're going to keep it going.  Who knows, we may change our minds later and tell the whole world!  We're keeping a very open mind at this point haha (about some things anyway)

I took advantage of the full length mirror in the dressing room today to snap a couple pictures.

A little blurry but you get the idea :)



We had our latest appointment Monday and she helped us actually feel the baby.  You could feel its head and butt and move it around! So cool! I've tried it several times at home now and can usually find the little guy/girl.  I keep thinking that I may be feeling it move but I just can't tell for sure.

We both want a boy but as of late I've kinda been changing my mind and maybe want a girl now. I was looking through old pictures the other day and saw a lot of me and my dad when I was little and I just keep thinking of how cute and awesome Gunnar will be with a little girl! I mean how cute is this?!

Obviously we will be excited and over the moon either way but it's still fun to think about what it could be.  Pretty much EVERYONE thinks we're having a girl so we'll see. Ann definitely wants a girl! I'm making a grey and yellow baby blanket right now and she kept telling me the other day that the next ones needs to be pink and grey.  :)


I was 16 weeks here I think


Mom decided she couldn't wait anymore and JCPenny's was having a big sale so Saturday she took me shopping for baby clothes for the first time!  SO FUN!  We mostly picked out gender neutral items but there was one set of girl footie pajamas that Mom couldn't resist so she got them anyway and said that if we have a boy we're bound to have a girl sometime anyway!  We had to get the little raccoon pjs!!


Speaking of making a blanket, I have officially started my first homemade baby project!! So fun!  I made a baby blanket a while ago for someone else and was going to make another one like it but try as I may I CANNOT remember the pattern or seem to find it online.  Gran had shown me a pattern online recently that we thought was pretty AND it had an instructional youtube video with it so I decided to try it instead of the one I still can't remember.  Super easy if you know the basic crochet stitches and it's going pretty quickly so I may make another one on this site that I think is really pretty too.


My first try.  I also used this one as a measuring tool to see how many I would need to chain to make the whole blanket the desired width.  


Kinda just looks like a snake at this point :)


Here's how far along I am now.  (it's obviously wider than pictured, I have it folded a couple times) 

It's turning out great and I love it!!
Here's the link for the free pattern and instructional video incase there are any crocheters out there or really anyone wanting to learn.  She links to other more basic instructional videos for each type of stitch used.
I also started on a couple nursing covers but I'll wait to see how those turn out before I post any pictures.

UPDATE: Here's a better picture Gunnar took this evening of my 17 week belly!

No comments: