Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Road trips and Aggies

So apparently Texas A&M is a good school for instigating road trips! Or maybe its the fact that I'm dating an Aggie but either way this weekend was a weekend of road trips. Considering the fact that the longer the semester goes the harder it is to be away from each other, it should not surprise anyone that one of the road trips I'm referring to was me taking the 5 hour drive to College Station. I couldn't get off work so I left Saturday after work and came home Monday morning. I left my camera at work so no pictures :(

We had a great time for the most part. We went dancing Saturday night with one of Gunnar's roommates and a girl he is pursuing I guess you'd say. Sunday after church we both fell asleep on the couch and then went and watched two of Gunnar's roommates play a city league soccer game. They did awesome the first half and then got kinda dominated in the second half and ended up loosing the game. It was fun though.

We tried to go fishing but it was way too windy. Gunnar loves chicken quesadilla so he decided that I needed to make them for everyone. They were a big hit and everyone loved them. Hudson even said that he wasn't even hungry anymore after he finished with them. I took that as quite a compliment considering he's a twenty year old college kid who never gets home cooking!

Sunday night we watched the first two episodes of The Last American Cowboy. It's a tv show that's actually right up our alley and I loved it!!

So on to the second road trip. Last night around midnight I texted Gunnar and asked him to call me cause I was going to bed, well 30 minutes later he still hadn't called (very unusual) and I couldn't make it anymore and fell asleep. This morning when I woke up I had a missed call and a voice mail. The voice mail said "Hi Kelli, I guess you're already asleep but uh well so me and John and sage and Peter are on our way to Indianapolis. This is crazy!" haha

So at the last minute Gunnar and his roommate John, a friend from Mertzon Sage and Gunnar and Sage's old roommate Peter, found tickets and decided to make the 17 hour, 1000 mile road trip to watch the Lady Aggies play for the National Championship. I think they made it just in time too.

I asked Bob if I could some watch the game at his house and so Eva and I went and watched the game with Bob and Rachel. Bob even went and bought us ice cream! They kept saying they weren't going to make it for the whole game and were going to bed but they could just never leave!!! haha What an AWESOME game!! Just what you want from a National Championship game. Down to the wire and a fight the whole way. Both teams demonstrated extreme stamina and determination. So when Gunnar got to the game he texted me and told me that they had THIRD ROW seats right behind the Notre Dame bench. I asked him how they scored those and he said "I have no idea" haha oh that guy! :) So while watching the game I could see the 4 guys in the stands most times the ball was on that side of the court. How fun is that?!?! Now they are at some hotel where there is about to be a press conference with the team. He keeps texting me saying "I can't believe we did this!"

So here's to the 2011 Fightin' Texas Aggie Lady Basketball National Champions and here's to road trips and making memories!! Can't get much better than that!!

No comments: