This weekend I got to help Gunnar and his family build a windmill, well not really build, the windmill itself was already built, but put up anyway, on their place (that was a lot of parenthetical phrases). I'll post more on that later but after windmilling one day we set out to Tom Green to feed cows. Gunnar, Reb, Joe Mark (Gunnar's 17 yr old cousin) and I. Well we got a little distracted from the cows and well......
Meet Richie!
So yeah we caught a baby goat. Ok well Gunnar and Reb caught a baby goat. The took off running through the pasture and Gunnar said that half the herd went to the right of a cedar and half the herd went to the left and the baby couldn't decide which group to follow so he just laid down in the middle. Joe Mark and I were shocked when they came walking back to the truck with an actual goat in their possession.
Within minutes of his capture, Joe Mark named him Richie and the name stuck. We did consider some other names such as "super goat" when he decided to run across the truck seats and take a flying leap out the open window. I yelled to Gunnar and Joe Mark and they caught him again before he got in with the cows and got squished!
I held him all the way home and he is now Gunnar's newest roommate in College Station. I think Gunnar is enjoying having him around. Apparently he's quite taken with their dog and bleats when she leaves his sight. Gunnar is planning on using this goat to help catch the other wild goats they have on their place. Might work out rather nicely actually and besides, what better way of making a memory than well ya know, livestock!
No comments:
Post a Comment