Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So I forgot....


Yeah I forgot about Valentine's Day. Ok I didn't really forget I just didn't think about it. I mean it was never special in anyway growing up and I just didn't think about it. Gunnar told me Friday I think that he had mailed me something and I thought "Oh snap! Oops!" So yeah I know its usually the guy who forgets but well I guess we sorta switched around on this one. I do have a gift for Gunnar but I'm making it, and he wont get it til later.

Ok so I don't know if anyone cares about this or not but I'm writing it because I want to remember. So I was never one for Valentine's Day and never really thought about it. Part of that was that I was always tough and strong and didn't see myself as very feminine or girly. I always kinda regretted that. Well in the last couple years God's has gently and lovingly helped me see myself as the woman He created. So now I find myself thinking about things out of old and long developed ways of thinking that I want to change. What's so wrong with Valentine's Day being special anyway? If I love someone who wants to make it special why would that be bad? And yet I used to think I didn't care about such things.

Well today I received a dozen red roses, delivered by Gunnar's mom which was really sweet. These are the first red roses I've ever gotten and I'm glad Gunnar was the first. That might be silly but I think I've just decided that I'm ok with that.
I also received a letter and these leather crosses. Gunnar is making a pair of chaps and he used some of the left over leather and made me a couple crosses to use as bookmarks or whatever. I love that! One it was just a little something that wasn't expensive or extravagant and yet was a special gift.

I also got a very fun and real phone call, which is very meaningful to me! I'm one of those quality time kinda people :)

So I guess I'm up for Valentine's Day after all. And it helps to have one great guy to make it special!!

No comments: