Monday, February 21, 2011

Real people

Friday night I enjoyed a night of friends, cotton candy, cowboys, fast horses, wrecks, tacos and Aaron Watson! I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures but I did steal some from Rachel. :)As we were walking around the fair grounds before the rodeo we got into a discussion about how many different types of people you see at the rodeo/carnival. We could spot all different types of people. A lot of this is kinda stereo typing but just so you get the idea we could spot people who were real deal western/cowboy, the wanna bes, the white trash type, the ghetto, the "normal," the gang thugish type, and on and on. We were discussing how it was kinda fun to see how many different type of people the carnival/rodeo/stock show attracts.
Later I was thinking about enjoying the friends I was with and realized that part of the reason I enjoyed them so much was that they are all not afraid to live who they are. As we watched all the different people around us, I begin to think that I was hanging out with 5 people who were all very different with differing backgrounds, interests, dressing styles, jobs and hobbies, and each one was comfortable with who they are. They were all just being real. There is quite an attractiveness in a person who is secure in who they are in the Lord. It made me desire to develop in the character and person that God made me. To live and walk in the plan He destined for me and not spend so much time looking at other people's plans. He has a destiny that is designed especially for me and one that's designed especially for you. Let's walk in our destinies!

No comments: