Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Steele Samuel - 5 Months Old

5 months old!  It feels like he's always been here!  Always been part of our family. He makes his presence known and we all love it! 

- Size 6-9 month clothes

- Weight

- Found his toes!  Chews on them and plays with them.

- Likes being worn... thankfully. 



- Is getting close to sitting up but mostly doesn't seem like he knows that he can control it. 

- LOVES his bouncer!! Well Aunt Sara's bouncer...  When you hold him standing up he bounces like he's still in the bouncer!

- Went to his first three rodeos and made it through like a champ!

 

 

- So close to sitting...

- Fine motor skills have definitely take a jump up lately!  He can grab and examine things with control now and not just when he gets lucky. 

- Is just so fat!! So wonderfully rolled and chubbed! 

- Had/has his first cold.   So sad.  So exhausting!  Thankfully he is almost over it, just has a bit of a runny nose still.

- Has started getting excited when Gunnar gets home from work.  The other day he had been being super fussy for a while and when Gunnar walked in, Steele leaned over for him, snuggled up on his shoulder, and quit fussing completely. 

- Loves grabbing my face and trying to chew/suck on my chin. 

- Puts himself to sleep mostly at night and for naps.  Is on a general schedule now. Morning nap around 10:00. Afternoon nap between 1-2, then usually a short evening nap sometime around 6.
- Is fascinated by the cats and dogs!  He seems confused by them and wants to grab them all at the same time! 

- Drools sooo much!  I keep thinking hes acting like he's teething but nothing yet.  He has pretty much quit spitting up though so even trade off I guess. 

- Has started rolling in his sleep.  Seems really early but maybe not.... He seems to prefer sleeping on his side a lot now. 
- He was in a leap while being sick, just so much fun....not, and I looked down one day and he was up on all fours rocking!! At four months and some days!! Slow down son! 



How I discovered him the other morning.  Just rocking and rocking! 



- Rolled from back to tummy...but he did have the couch incline helping him out.  I had changed him and was just sitting there letting him kick around and there he went. 

He did get his arm out by himself though which is the hard part. He seemed so proud of himself that I think I'm going to give it to him!  (and no, I did NOT leave him unattended on the couch!)

- Has started sucking on his thumb more often.
- Starting to recognize Daddy on facetime we think!  He does seem to get really excited when I show him the phone when Gunnar's is on it and he hears his voice. 

No comments: