For those of you who don't know, getting your Aggie Ring is a BIG deal! It's just one of those things... Reb got his this semester and we drove down to College Station to be there for it! We decided to turn Kit around for the trip and he loved being able to see where we were going! Also, when did he get so big?!

I bought cheerios on a whim while at the grocery store and thank goodness I did! They saved us several during the trip, even if we didn't have a proper bowl to put them in!
We got into CS just in time to change and rush over to campus! There was a lightning delay so we made it in plenty of time! Monte was wild after being cooped up in the truck for hours so I walked him over to the fountain while we waited. It was kinda surreal bringing my kids to a place that was so special to Gunnar and I! It was also great for him to run around and burn off some energy for a little while.
Class of 2037 right there!
Because of the lightning delay there were way more people there than normally it was so hot! But we maneuvered our way into line and made it inside!
Crazy hair, don't care!
The boys were wired and energetic and kept wanting to be so silly!
One of these is not the same!
I feel ya bro!
Signing in...
Sid presenting Reb his ring.
Mimi came too! I love that my boys are getting to know their great grandmother!
Congratulations Uncle Reb!
Those new rings are so shiney!!
Kit and his Annie
Roomates
Yay Uncle Reb!!
The boys actually did really well taking dozens of pictures.
Cheesin'
Introducing Kit to the fountain!
Class of 2039 right there!
This sight brought back so many memories. Four roommates and one girlfriend hanging out at the house. (plus Ann...) Made me miss our Aggie friends and Gunnar's old roommates! But we will get to see them in a couple weeks! Good times!
Grandad reading a bedtime story.
Saturday we hung out, ate A LOT, watched the game, went shopping, and just generally enjoyed each other. And I didn't take a single picture.
Sunday Sid, Ann, and Mimi went to church with Reb and Gunnar took me and the boys for kolaches and to the fountain. When we were dating this fountain kinda became our special place. We had several dates there, reconciled fights there, and maybe made out little there a time or two...
It felt really good to go back there and reminisce. To go back and remember falling in love.. To take our boys there and watch them laugh and run and enjoy one of our favorite places. I think it was really good for us. It's good to remember how you fell in love. To see how far you've come together. To see how you've grown as a family while remembering being starry eyed kids in love.
Introducing the boys to Kolache Rolf's!
Took a few self timer pics!
I think this is the first time we've had Monte take a picture of us. It looked like he was trying to take about 50 but this was the only one he ended up taking. I guess he was missing the button every other time...
We walked around campus some after that. It was fun watching the boys run around!
Good ol' College Station!! It was good to visit but goodness am I so glad I don't live there anymore! See ya next time!












































No comments:
Post a Comment