Guys!! This rain!! CRAZY!! Gunnar did some research and found out that October 2018 has been the 4th wettest month on record in San Angelo history. So the week we moved in, we were actually trapped in for a couple days while it rained. One day we decided to drive around where we could and see what everything looked like. So. Much. Water!
Pretty much the story lately whenever I ask them to do anything.
Monte, "I don't want to..." Kit, "OK!!!"

It was about 3 ft. in the middle! Yikes! I doubt it usually gets this bad but there is just no where for the water to go, the ground is so saturated.
We managed to get down to the low water crossing. We can normally take a short cut across the creek over this low water crossing but this day...
Not a short cut anymore!!
(Isn't Kit's little voice just the best?!)
This is what it looked like the first time I drove over it...
I feel like Monte's face says it all!!
We had fun driving around and seeing at the water! People's yards, driveways, gates, and ponds were overflowing.
There were ponds and rivers everywhere that were nonexistent a week ago!
Again, his face is perfect!!
After we got back to the house, we decided to walk down to the creek on our place to check it out. We had been down there just a couple days before so we were curious to see how different it would look.
So normally it's about 5-10 ft. wide....
Those trees are not normally in the water...
They should be looking down into the creek, not standing in it.
Family selfie...fail!
So later that week I had to drive into town to clean our old house and run some errands and my route takes me over the equalization channel between the North and South Pools of Twin Buttes. There were all kinds of people driving out to see it, rain like this is memorable and rare around here, and I actually ran into a friend there who both of us have lived in or around Angelo our whole lives and have never once seen that much water running through there! It was crazy!

















No comments:
Post a Comment