Gunnar had to feed everything Tuesday but with the cold front coming in, he needed to make sure everyone had hay too so me and the boys jumped in the other truck and helped him get it knocked out in time for lunch so that we could go hunting that afternoon. They like to make sure all the cattle have hay before a cold front, especially a cold front with rain or snow. It helps all the cattle stay warm and healthy.
Kit had on a lot of layers and didn't see phased by the cold. He loves watching the bulls and making a "mooo" or “buuuuu” ish sound. Not sure if he’s saying “moo” or “bull” but either way he loves watching them!

Monte LOVES the skid steer and Gunnar lets him "help" load hay.
Monte wore this batman hat so often at football games when he was little so I love seeing Kit in it too! Plus I HATE my ears being cold so it makes me feel so much better knowing their ears are warm!
Using the skid steer, Gunnar loads hay onto the hay trailer then takes it to various pastures to unload. I drove the hay trailer and he drove the feed wagon and we got everyone fed and hayed!
We introduced Monte to jumping hay bales! An experience any kid must have....and any adult come to think about it....
He was a fan although my boots were so slippery I thought I might fall off before Monte did!
Counting the cattle is always necessary. If one or more is missing then we would need to investigate if one got onto another pasture or is off by itself sick or something... Sometimes counting is easier said than done! Or finding them all is sometimes like a treasure hunt! haha
Fortunately everyone was where they belonged Tuesday!
So come on snow and rain and cold! Everyone is fed and warm!











No comments:
Post a Comment