Thursday, July 27, 2017

Papa's Birthday


Last week was my Papa's 77th birthday. We celebrated with fried salmon patties, banana pudding, and watermelon! Very Americana! We talked him into telling us stories from his childhood and some of his early jobs. Working as a lineman, to being a milkman, to having a country tv show, to being a county agent, he is full of entertaining stories! 


It turned out to be a nice evening so we enjoyed our watermelon outside.  The three boys all LOVED watermelon and were silly, happy, sticky, cute messes!!

Monte talked Papa into swinging him, although I don't think he had to try very hard!



We used to take pictures on the front porch fairly often but haven't in a long time so Penny talked everyone into doing it again!  We've added another generation and a few spouses to the picture now!

Like herding cats....
 

1 out of 3 littles looking is not bad ;)

Gran and Papa with the original 4 Criner grandchildren

Papa and I cut up the watermelon and it was very very juicy! 


Cutest Nephew Ever!


No idea WHAT this face is!!! haha I think Penny told him to smile but I think I'm kinda scared haha






Not looking but hey, I'll take what I can get!!



 

 Kit turned into a watermelon monster!!  He would start freaking out whenever he couldn't reach it! 



"Hey you got some more watermelon in there?!"





All in all it was a wonderful evening and I hope it made Papa feel blessed and loved!  We ended up using their bathtub and getting the boys clean and pajamaed before heading home.  So. Much. Stickiness!! They, well Monte and Jax, thought that was great fun! I don't think Kit knew there was any difference.

No comments: