Monday, August 17, 2015

4 Months!

My little chunky monkey is four months old! Somehow four months seems way more monumental than three months did...not sure why... I'm just purposing to enjoy every minute of his little life.  I know it will be gone before I know it and I don't want to look back and realize I missed it because I was too busy being tired, or task oriented, or so busy looking ahead I missed what was right in front of me! I look forward to him crawling, walking, talking, getting to know how his mind works, and such but for right now I'm just soaking in where he is now!

So handsome! (Thanks cousin Katherine for the outfit!)
  •  16.5 lbs. (according to our scale)
  • Back to eating twice a night (Thank goodness!! That every two hour thing was making mama a not very nice person!) between 1-2 and 5-6
  • Almost sitting...still topples over some but even in just the last couple days has seemed to get it.



  •  Had his first cold....so sad :( 
  •  Rolling EVERYWHERE! For someone who can't actually crawl he sure gets around!
Covered himself up
  

 
 
  • Started "hitting" when he gets excited
  • Knows mom and dad and I'm pretty sure he knows his grandparents, aunts, and uncles too now.  
  • He loves it when Gunnar gets home, he stares at him seriously for a second or two then breaks out into the best and biggest grin ever!  

  • Started this happy scream cough cackle thing when he's happy.  Gunnar and I haven't decided if its more cute or annoying yet. 
  • He intentionally grabs things now and really concentrates hard when he wants to grab something... I love to see his little mind working!

 He is also very adept at unintentionally grabbing my hair!! (which causes this face!)
 

  • Stayed in the nursery for the first time, while we went to FPU.
  • Loves his new frog bouncer! 
 My little kitchen helper and workout partner!

  • Has pushed up onto all fours several times but I think it was more accidental than on purpose. 
  • Has the best "just woke up" faces.   

  • Learned and loves peek-a-boo!

 

  • Has attended his fair share of weddings for only being 4 months old! He seems to like the wedding planner though :) 

  • Nurses like a champ! 
  • Really likes any type of bottle, big or small!

  • Wearing 6-9 month clothing and seems to be outgrowing something new everyday!
  • Graduated to facing forward and seems to be a fan!

  • Visited Tom Green for the first time.  

  • "Shot" his first AR-15 that Uncle Reb just bought!
 Safety first! Gotta have ear plugs!

  • Daddy got to carry him for the first time in his new carrier! 


    I sure love my little growing family, slobbery baby and all!

     We love you Monte James!

No comments: