
Monte and I braved church alone for the first time and Eva finally got to see him awake! (sorry for the blurry pic...I really need a new phone)
Penny's birthday was Monday so Sunday evening we went out to the ranch and had a birthday/mother's day celebration. We shot skeet, ate steak, and generally enjoyed being together. Gran and Papa came too. With Mom's birthday Thursday, Gran's Friday, Penny's Monday and Mother's Day there was plenty of reasons for merriment!
On the way out to the ranch Gunnar and I saw a snake attempting to eat a lizard in the road. The lizard was hanging onto the rocks for dear life. The snake finally won and picked up the lizard about a foot into the air and carried him to the bushes. It was crazy!
Gunnar followed with the camera. If you look closely you can actually see Gunnar's reflection in the snake's eye!
This little turkey did great! The shot guns didn't even phase him! (and yes we kept him far enough away from the gun shots as to not damage his hearing)
"Oh it's soo bright Mom!"
Gran and Papa kept him for a while while I was shooting.
He loves his Mi-Molly!
I did really well the first time, but the second time I got out first BUT not until I had given Wyatt a letter haha
Dad bought all us girls a birthday/Mother's Day lilies. Mine bloomed the next day... So pretty!
We spent Mother's Day with Gunnar's family Saturday evening but sadly I did not bring our camera and got no pictures... Boo! It was a gorgeous evening and we sat out on the porch swing while Sid grilled burgers! They have a kid goat who is friends with the dog so that's always entertaining!
All in all I had a great first Mother's Day weekend! I am also so very grateful for all the mothers and grandmothers in my life. Gunnar and I are blessed with so many Godly women in our lives who have shaped and molded our lives and helped us become who we are today. God bless moms!




No comments:
Post a Comment