I took a little break from blogging...intentionally...but I'm ready to get back at it and what better way than with a pregnancy post?!
Baby Sullenger #3 is on the way, due in early October 2019!
Here is the first bump picture that I took. Monte asked to be in the picture too! He is very excited about "Mama's new baby." One of the surprises with this pregnancy is how much I'm getting to enjoy it through the eyes of Monte and Kit. When I was pregnant with Kit, Monte was still a baby and had no idea what was going on so this time getting to include them in the process has been quite enjoyable.
14 weeks
Weight Gain - 9 lbs.
Cravings - This is so bad.... Beer and Whiskey!!! WHY?!?!?!?! I don't crave those when I'm not pregnant!!! Thankfully that has subsided mostly now... Still WHY was I craving that?!?! I mean maybe it was better that I was craving something I couldn't have because had I been craving something like candy, even though it's not healthy, let's be real, I probably would have indulged some but not with this one!
Movement
- First felt movement at 12 weeks, tiny little flutters. Lots of
movement now, all over the place. Lots of kicks very very low. Like
they have their back up and are kicking downward.
Mother's Day - May 12, 2019 - 19 weeks
This is Kit's "cheese" face...
I saw this shirt on Etsy and thought it was funny!! Anytime in the past year or so when I would run into someone or talk to someone I hadn't seen in a while and "catch up" on life, I would get asked, "so are yall wanting any more?" or "are you thinking about having another one?" or something like that so I thought it was fitting ;)
First Trimester: This pregnancy, especially the first trimester, has been the hardest one so far. Monte's was probably slightly harder on a strictly physical basis, I threw up a lot more, but overall this one was tough. I found out I was pregnant very early and because I had had a lot of hormonal issues after Kit, my midwife suggested having blood work done to check my hormone levels. Well my progesterone was low and I starting taking a progesterone supplement. The next day, I started bleeding, like not spotting, bleeding, and was sure I was miscarrying. Then about 12 hours later it just stopped. My midwife told me that while she did not believe in offering false hope when she was sure there wasn't any, in this case she was not actually sure I was miscarrying because my HCG levels had been so good. The next day the same thing happened again, more bleeding, then suddenly stopping. This happened on the weekend so I had to wait until Monday to get blood work done again and everything came back perfect. I was still pregnant and all my levels looked great. I had blood work done once a week for a couple more weeks after that to keep checking my progesterone levels and we slowly weaned off the supplements. I have had more blood work with this pregnancy than I did with Monte and Kit's combined! Even after the bleeding stopped I still spotted for the next month. Now this can be totally normal for some women but it hadn't happened with Monte or Kit so it was a little concerning for me. I had peace from the Lord through this whole time but it was a lot of brain and emotional power being taken up not to mention I felt TERRIBLE through the whole first trimester. Then right as the first trimester awfulness was waning I got this nasty bronchitis cough junk that lasted over a month! I threw up from coughing more than I had from morning sickness! I definitely reached that point of just emotionally having a hard time handling feeling so awful. I told Gunnar on multiple occasions, "I just feel like I'm never going to feel better!" Thankfully that is all behind me now and I am feeling pretty good other than just being very tired!
Second Trimester: Like I mentioned before, the second trimester started off with a nasty bronchitis type virus that lasted a month! After that I have FINALLY started feeling like myself again just growing a lot. We did the anatomy scan at 20 weeks and got to see our little baby moving around and everything looked great! I am hungry a lot and am finally starting to gain some weight. My "get projects done" bug has kicked into HIGH gear and I am ready to make this place feel more like our home before our little one gets here.
Gender: We know.... and will reveal later...
Name - We have the first name but are having a hard time coming up with a middle name... this seems to be a common problem with us.
Baby profile and umbilical cord
Legs crossed at the ankles
Profile
Gunnar's cousin is pregnant with their first and these two will be the 12th and 13th great grandchildren of Gunnar's Mimi.
35 and 21 weeks
23 weeks at the Frio River!



No comments:
Post a Comment