We celebrated Christmas Eve at the Sullengers. We grilled, hung out outside on the porch, played games, and watched a little football... Ya know, because Christmas was in the summertime this year and all! (minus the football) Steak, corn, grilled, asparagus, and baked potatoes! Yum! I have to admit that I didn't miss the turkey and dressing one bit! Gunnar had to work but he was able to get off early and spend most of the day with us.
We played Wahoo a couple of time both of which I lost soundly! Ann and Reb won MUCH to Gunnar's chargin, especially Reb because Gunnar was gunning for him (see what I did there?!) the whole game!
Gunnar's parents got Monte a giant stuffed horse! Poor guy was afraid of it although we did wait to start opening gifts til close to bedtime so he was tired. The next morning he loved it! I felt bad but he finally wanted to touch it if he was sitting in my lap and then thought it was hilarious if I would hit it in the nose! He's so funny! He loves real animals! The first time I held him up to a real horse he got excited and wanted to hit it, Gunnar's mule deer didn't bother him, he loves dogs and cats, but stuffed horses and stuffed deer mounts, now those are something to be concerned about apparently!
Gift opening was super fun as always!
Monte got an awesome wooden push toy that he immediately showed his approval of by eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment