Friday, January 31, 2014

2014 - Healthier Living

So it's been over a year since I've blogged.   This past year has been one of rest, learning, growing, and personal rebuilding.  So one of my goals of 2014 is to blog at least once a month.  I love to go back and read them so I really want to blog more often but if I do at least once a month I'll consider that a success. 

So one of my other goals of 2014 is to become more healthy and natural.  Eliminate chemicals and toxins from out lives.  My goal is just to take baby steps to a healthier life style.  I cook pretty healthy already.  We eat a lot of fruits and veggies, fresh meat, and drink lots of water.  We both rarely drink cokes or sweet drinks and are active and exercise. I'm pretty happy with where we are in terms of cooking, food, and activity but other aspects of our lives I haven't even considered until recently; cleaners, soaps, "beauty products," medicine, etc.  So this is where I am beginning to take baby steps.

I am about to order my first batch of Essential Oils. I know that these are rather a new "health fad" in some aspects and I seriously wanted to avoid, synthetic or poor quality products.  My friend Crystal is a doTerra consultant and has given me lots of information to read up on concerning quality and what to look for and avoid. 

I am also looking to learn about natural remedies for colds, pains, aches, coughs etc.  I just really don't like this way of life we've adopted to just run to DayQuill or something anytime we are uncomfortable with fresh ginger, lemon, honey, spinach, and so many good other things out there!! What a great God we serve!

Also, cleaners!! Seriously do we realize the amount of toxic chemicals we are breathing in while using those!  Gross! Vinegar, dish soap, and water! Seriously its all you need. Break up hard water stains and leaves everything so clean and fresh! 

Anyway I do not want to become some fanatic who lives in fear of chemicals and toxins, but I do want to take practical and healthier steps toward removing toxins and chemical from our daily lives. 

I am open to any suggestions or information!  haha

3 comments:

Mary said...

Welcome back!

Hey, I like your new resolution. We should be friends;-)

Kelli said...

Ha! I agree! Friends it is!

racriner58@gmail.com said...

Hey, Kel,
I do enjoy your blog.

Happy you are trying to live a more healthy/natural way. You will notice that it makes a difference as you become older. You may want to talk to Mare about the essential oils. She bought a kit before Emma was born.

Love you much!
Gran