Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Aggie Ring Day

Took me long enough to blog about this but I finally got to it. I feel like I want to blog about these events in our lives more for us to have to reminisce over later than for other's enjoyment but either way I'm glad I did finally blog about this.

Getting your Aggie Ring is a huge deal at A&M.  Gunnar was short by 1 hour last semester so he had to wait until this semester to get his.  Sid and Ann and Gunnar's Aunt Joni and Mimi came into town for Ring Day.  Gunnar's cousin Emily got hers at the same time so it was very fun and special for them to get their rings together and to have family around to celebrate all their hard work. The only sad part was because of football Reb wasn't able to come celebrate with everyone :(


Gunnar asked his Dad to present the ring to him.



Sid's ring no longer fits so they had fun figuring out different ways to wear their rings together.  Sid was class of '84 so it was really special and honoring for Gunnar to have his Dad present him his ring.

Cousins!!

These next series of pictures crack me up.  All the moving around and rearranging for everyone to get settled for a decent group shot!
You stand here...scoot over...

Finally!! (l to r) Joe Mark, Aunt Joni, Sid, Ann, Gunnar, Emily, Me, Mimi, Mary

They were both so happy to get their rings!!

He worked hard for both of those rings and I am so proud of him and am so glad to belong to such an amazing man!



We went to the big Aggie Ring the next day and had fun taking lots of pictures.  The weather was nice and there weren't very many people there so we enjoyed taking our time and getting lots of good pictures. 

I really love this picture! Props to Ann for capturing such a great shot!




Gunnar and his Mimi :)







Thanks and Gig 'Em!!!

No comments: