So today I'm making another trek to the great West Texas city of Lubbock to coach a gymnastics meet. I'm super excited, not about making that ugly drive again but to coach as an official USA Gymnastics (USAG) Professional Gymnastics Coach. Sounds pretty spiffy huh? I've coached a couple meets before but wasn't actually supposed to be on the floor and would have been kicked off if they had checked. Those were small meets though where no one really cares. Now I have obtained my USAG professional coaching number and completed safety certifications and background checks. I'm super excited because this is really what I love to do! I mean who could ask for a better job than get to teach children how to do skills that could potentially kill or really hurt them and do to them well. (ok that might be slightly exaggerated but it sounds cool...many skills don't have the potential to kill them ;) Then get to go to a meet and help them prepare and preform in front of very critical judges and a large audience!
Here's to going for the GOLD!! haha
2 comments:
Awesome! Congratulations!!!
Hey! they didn't check your background with me! I could have told them a lot about your background. Like, the very day you were born, you didn't lay in your crib and cry or sleep like the other babies in the hospital nursery were doing. You were wide awake with those deep brown eyes alert and looking around as if to say, "Hey, let me out of this place so I can go explore the world." Or like, from the time you were able to talk you would say, "I can do it myself". Or, "Let me do it, I know how." We always knew you were going places and doing amazing things. You Go Girl!
Love ya much!
Gran
Post a Comment